Naturopathy and Blasphemy

Posted: Thursday, August 5, 2010 | Posted by Debajyoti Datta |

The guiding principles of naturopathy left me shocked. According to the Department of Ayush that promotes naturopathy, bacteria do not cause disease. Do they really believe it? Is Tuberculosis not caused by bacteria? May be they ought to look at the millions of TB bacilli multiplying within the lungs of TB patients, then the truth will dawn on them. I wonder if these practitioners of naturopathy have ever studied biology, leave alone medicine as even a student of class eight will tell you that bacteria causes disease. All their blasphemy can viewed here http://indianmedicine.nic.in/naturopathy.asp.  All diseases are same, as is their treatment is what they claim. May be when they have diarrhoea, they can treat themselves with drugs for constipation, all the treatment are same they say. I bet the result will be spectacular.

Another claim that they make is that acute diseases are our friends. Who in their right mind will make such claim? May be they can tell their philosophy to a patient dying of rabies, tetanus, pneumonia or hundreds of other deadly acute diseases. Makes me wonder what they do when they themselves are affected by so called friendly diseases.

There is a pathetic attempt at trying to impress the visitors by referring to Gandhiji. They don’t realize they are making a logical fallacy of Appeal to Authority, not that it is unexpected of them to make such a fallacy. Gandhiji may have been a virtuoso in many things but a doctor he was not. Only people who don’t have evidence to back up their claims make such attempts.

They also do a bang up job in listing their therapies. Space therapy, mud therapy, magneto therapy? Charged water? Stuff of fairy tales. Where is the evidence? Chromo therapy takes the cake in completely useless therapies. There is not an iota of biological plausibility in their claims.

If one considers that the government always says that there are not enough funds for meeting the basic health care needs of the people, the government expenditure on these completely useless therapies is totally unethical. The government fails to provide basic medicines and equipments to the hospitals because of lack of funds but it is prompt to sponsor these useless therapies. It is high time that the government stops promoting such useless therapies.

3 comments:

  1. Unknown said...
  2. Hello,

    Nice Article has been shared here on "Naturopathy and Blasphemy". i did get lots of good points from here. thanks for sharing such article here. it would be nice if you can share some information related to irritable bowel here in this article....keep Posting....

    Thanks,

  3. braddie said...
  4. I agree with you dear Debajyoti. The thoughts you shared is realistic and very thoughtful. Naturopathy and Blasphemy requires good researchers to study about the same.

  5. Isabella Math said...
  6. Nothing is not possible in this word.
    Herpes I cried out for 8moths had a cure and was making use of the Medication that never wanted a life living on drugs, I applied Antibiotics, he prescribed for me the acyclovir(Zovirax), famciclovir (Famvir), andvalacyclovir (Valtrex).
    They never get me cured.
    My God keep blessing you and your Family. Dr
    ODEY ABANG, your a powerful Herbalist fir your work in my life
    I wish you know how I feel inside me when I was making use of does tablets that never could there get me cured. I had to search about some of my favourite blogs when I thought about Dr Odey abang from the testimonies of patients and I remember a friend who told me I should try Dr. Odey Abang herbal medicine. He told me the man can cure me,but was shy and feel its dirty taking in herbs made with African herbalists.
    You need to know I would have been cured before now since I knew him then, but still interested in letting you that was my punishment.
    Thanks reading my article, feel good and not make my mistake, I love testimonies and explanations of the new beginning is all I hope for
    Think about your live and use herbs to get you cured of your challenge on
    HIV/Aids
    SYPHILIS
    DIABETES
    CANCER
    ALL CAN BE CURED WITH MANY OTHERS BY DR. ODEY ABANG
    His email is for you so you speak to him

    Odeyabangherbalhome@gmail.com

Post a Comment